There is something beautifully decadent about a pretty plate filled with squares of luxurious raw chocolate, served alongside a bowl heaped with fragrant clementine or satsuma oranges. Nibble on a mix of pumpkin seeds mixed with red goji berries and raw cacao nib (equal quantities). Add a plate of raw homemade St Clementine Cookies and cosy up in front of the fire to watch a movie or have a chat.
Raw or Baked St Clements Cookies – 12 cookies
- 2 cups of macadamia flour or cashew flour
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1⁄4 cups of oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbspn of coconut sugar
- 1 tspn of orange essence
- 1 tspn of lemon essence
- 1⁄2 tbspn of lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tbspn of orange zest
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add all ingredients (except sesame seeds) to a mixing bowl, combine and stir well.
- Add chilled water as required for consistency of mix – should be firm and able to be rolled into small balls.
- Roll into small balls, place onto teflex sheet and flatten using your fingers into cookie shape, press in sesame seeds to top of cookies.
- Dehydrate at 115F for 12 hours – or longer if you would like them to be crumblier. Or if baking set oven to Gas 5, 180C or 160 if FAN and bake for 8-10 minutes.
I created this recipe following a week of gorgeous raw food culinary training with Deb Durrant on her FEAST training www.deliciously-raw.co.uk.
Need a little more help with having a healthy and energetic festive season?
Download my Gift Christmas e-book click here: How to be a Healthy Hostess this Christmas.