It’s always a good idea to have some non-alcoholic breaks to rest your liver over the festive season and to make your non-alcohol drinking guests feel special too. Pick out your best glassware and ll ice cube trays with colourful berries (blueberries, cranberries and pomegranate seeds look great). Flavouring jugs of still and sparkling water with strips of cucumber or slices of citrus fruits will not only attract compliments but will encourage everyone to stay hydrated.
Here are a couple of my favourite non-alcoholic drinks:
Cranberry Crush (Serves 6)
- 300g frozen organic cranberries (save 20g for garnish) 200ml fresh orange juice
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tspn maple syrup
- 1 tspn orange essence 1 tspn almond essence Crushed Ice
- Blend the cranberries, orange and lime juice.
- Sieve the blended fruit to remove the pulp.
- Add the orange and almond essence and maple syrup to the sieved juice.
- Check the taste and sweeten with additional maple syrup if required.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and a few whole cranberries and pour the cranberry juice over the ice and serve.
TIP: If you’re short of time use unsweetened cranberry juice.
Virgin Mojitos (no sugar) (Serves 6-8 glasses)
- 1 L of sparkling water
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 apple juiced
- 8 small sprigs of fresh mint Crushed Ice
- (Optional sweeten with 1 tspn maple syrup or sweetener of your choice)
- Juice the apple and limes and add to a jug of sparkling water.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour juice and water mix over ice.
- Garnish glass with a sprig of fresh mint.
Need a little more help with having a healthy and energetic festive season?
Download my Gift Christmas e-book click here: How to be a Healthy Hostess this Christmas.